Who is at fault if you are injured on public property?

Who is at fault if you are injured on public property?

This is a very important question if you’ve been injured on public property, and the ensuing medical bills, time off from work, and other costs are rapidly becoming more and more expensive. Though state and local laws differ slightly, the law says that if the government has overlooked a dangerous situation on its property, then they are considered negligent, which means they are at fault if someone is injured as a result of the unsafe conditions.

When a person suffers an injury on public property due to negligence, the government bears the liability for any expenses incurred by the injured party. If this situation has happened to you, your first step is to enlist the help of a personal injury attorney.

Your first step

If you were injured in a public area in the state of South Dakota, Rapid City attorneys Gregory Yates and Micheal Shubeck can help. With years of experience serving as attorneys for personal injury cases, they will advise you how to proceed. The government has a duty to protect anyone who visits a public area. Therefore, if someone incurs a personal injury because of unsafe conditions, then the government must make reparation to that person.

What does this mean? When you suffer an injury, there are many costs involved. Hospital bills, medications, therapies, and days missed at work all add up quickly. At Rapid City Law Offices, we will make sure that you receive compensation for these expenses as well as any future ones that you may not even have considered.

Working with an attorney

Call the Rapid City lawyers today and schedule an in-person or phone consultation to discuss your case. We have experience handling public property injury cases and will be able to provide valuable legal advice as to how to move forward with your claim.